Reliable garage service in Portsmouth can be a lifesaver when your battery starts to fail! The battery of your car can be compared to your heart: if it is not working, then the car cannot operate. The battery is the power of the car. It is therefore important for you to understand your battery and to look out for warning signs of a battery that needs to be replaced. When a battery malfunctions, sometimes it is not easy to point to it and most times, you may think of other reasons as being the cause of the problem. So how would you know when the battery needs to be replaced?
* When the engine cranks slowly: The battery is responsible for powering your car when you start it. If you notice that your car does not crank or it cranks slowly, make sure your battery is checked. Do not ignore the issue if it persists.
* Electrical components malfunction: Electric components in the car rely on power from the battery. If the battery is too weak to produce the power, one or more components might fail or function erratically. If you notice the warning sign, check whether the terminal is dirty. If they are clean, it’s time to replace your battery.
* Warning lights: The check engine and dashboard warning lights signal when there is a problem with the battery, electrical system, or the alternator. Consult with professional garage services from Portsmouth to check the status of these components if your warning lights come on.
* Swollen battery case: This happens when the battery is exposed to a lot of cold or heat. The flat sides swell and it will be rendered dead and in need of replacement.
* Starting becomes an intermittent problem: If your car starts today and then fails to start the next time, there are two reasons for that. One, you have a parasitic draw and two; the battery terminals are corroded, calcified, broken or loose. You can visit here to get more information.
Battery services by a trusted service provider like Portsmouth Exhaust and Tyre Services can go a long way in keeping you on the road!