Scaffolding is important when carrying out home improvements as it makes all parts of the house accessible. In as much as scaffolds are important, some health and safety issues may arise when they are erected.
The first point that you should consider to ensure the scaffold is safe is the way the installation is done. Most scaffold experts are aware of the safety and health laws that should be observed when erecting scaffold safely. Make it your concern to have the basic information on laws that pertain to scaffolding hire in Edinburgh.
Some things that you should consider to make sure the scaffold are safely erected;
* Ensure that it is tied to the property at an angle that supports the scaffold.
* Ensure the scaffold shoes are well placed and that the weight is well spread on the short boards.
* Make sure that all the scaffold boards are well spaced and that they are supported at the end after securing the framework.
* Though it is obvious, many people forget to ensure that the scaffold bolts used to bring the poles together are tight.
* It is also important to make sure the scaffolding hire in Edinburgh is safe for the person using it by placing a safety net where the head of the person placed. If debris and other foreign materials fall on the person when at the top of the scaffold, they may get injured. The foreign materials can also distract the person from the purpose for which the scaffold was erected for.
* Scaffolds are an easy way for thieves to access all windows in your home. To keep away thieves, install a scaffold security alarm. The extra cost in buying it is not much considering the harm that the thieves can cause if they get a chance to get into your home.
Scaffolding comes in different sizes and shapes. They are safer to use compared to ladders when working on high surfaces.
Check-It Scaffold Services offers specialist scaffolding hire services for residential, commercial and industrial clients in Edinburgh, UK and surrounding areas.