You need your boiler to run efficiently for the longest time without constant boiler replacements in Exeter. However, for this to happen, you will also need to have it serviced at least once a year for the following reasons.
* To guarantee safety – This is because faulty boilers pose a serious threat to your life and home.
* To reduce repair costs – This is because faults will be detected at their onset and minor issues fixed during servicing.
* To ensure efficiency – The servicing will also ensure that the boiler is functioning efficiently and hence is not consuming energy more than is necessary.
* Legality – Most insurers require that boilers be serviced at least once a year to ensure due care is taken and unnecessary claims for faulty boilers.
What should you expect from a boiler service provider?
* Visual check – This will be done to ensure that the boiler and the linked pipe work is installed correctly. Its overall performance and ventilation is also checked at this point.
* Next, the engineer will remove the casing to check its inner workings. This includes checking for the correct gas flow and pressure, checking on the flue, both internally and externally, checking the electrical connections to make sure they are clean and in good conditions, and checking whether fans and other key components are functioning optimally.
* He should also check the seals, electrodes, safety devices, and condensate trap and pipe are okay.
* He should then conduct safety checks to ensure everything is in order and there is no safety risk according to gas regulations.
* Finally, the engineer should explain the service procedures he carried out, to the last details, and at this point you should ensure that any queries you have, have been answered. Many of the servicing companies also require the engineer to make a report which you are to sign before he leaves. The report will serve as proof should you need to make a claim for a boiler replacement or repair.
Call Contrast Plumbing & Heating to arrange for service!